Welcome to The Communications Center, Inc.
OUR MISSION: The Communications Center helps individuals, organizations, and communities improve communication and thinking skills so they can work better together.
Our president also mediates through a seperate office. More information on that here.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT:
- We help you make lasting and productive improvements in how you work.
- We teach your team the skills we use.
- We focus on the thinking and communication skills that help you work through difficult issues.
- We customize our trainings and services for your group and your issues so that you don't have to struggle to translate theory into practice.
- We don't leave you hanging after the program or matter is done - we provide follow up activities and support.
NEWS AND UPDATES:
- Sarah is teaching Public Policy Dispute Resolution at the University of Missouri School of Law Fall, 2013.
- Dave has returned to Columbia after spending 2 years as a Visiting Professor of Sociology at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
- We were selected by the National Institute for Civil Discourse to write an essay offering ideas for starting a national conversation on gun violence. Read the essay on our blog today!
- We recently published our Civic Health Diagnostic Workbook. Learn more, review sample worksheets, and buy your copy today!
- We sponsored a video series on Civility and Civil Dialogue for the American Bar Association's Mediation Week in October 2011. A description for each video, a link for viewing, and discussion questions are available at our blog and all of the videos can be viewed at VTC Stream.